Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's a freaking mouse trap!


So this is something no one ever wants to admit, but at some point or another happens to everyone.  We have a mouse in the house.  Ugh!

When I was growing up, we lived in the sticks, the middle of nowhere.  And when you live in the woods, there's all kinds of critters that lurk around.  And like clock work as soon as the temperature dropped, we would get a mouse in the house.  Every year.  So having a mouse in the house, while is super gross, doesn't shock me anymore.

So to deal with our unwanted house guest, I went to the store and bought some mouse traps.  I got the old school kind, the ones with the spring that you have to set.  (I didn't want to pay for the fancy $7 mouse trap.)  When I got home I asked Casey to set them because I always get my fingers in the way and.....SPLAT!  They get smashed.  Now this is the part that surprised, irked and dumbfounded me.  He told me he had never set a trap before and he didn't know how.  WHAT?!?!?!?  Seriously????  It's one thing if you've never set a trap before...okay, I can get over that.  But the fact that you don't know how to set one?  It's not rocket science, I didn't ask you to build a computer from scratch or to rebuild an engine; it's a freaking mouse trap.

Needless to say, I had to set the trap myself and guess what happened? Yep, I smashed my thumb.  I thought for sure it was going to be bruised....thankfully it didn't.  It just hurt really bad.  When I woke up the next morning, the mouse was taken care of....at least he threw the varmint away for me, that was very nice of him.  Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment