Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A new addition to my kitchen

For Christmas this year, my dear hubby went all out for me.  :)  I got the one thing I really wanted; a new refrigerator.  And I got to pick out the one I wanted! *Happy dance.  I knew exactly what I wanted, a french door refrigerator.  I went to three different stores looking and chatting it up with sales people.  I got print outs of all the ones I was interested and compared notes and at the end of the day, I decided that I didn't want a french door refrigerator.  There were a couple reasons: 1) We have a baby on the way and with the freezer on the bottom, I can foresee her opening it up and never shutting it which will result in lots of spoiled goods. 2) My husband really wanted an ice and water dispenser on the outside, as did I, and the french doors with this option was out of our price range. 

So, back to the drawing board I went.  This time I went to all the stores again and chatted it up with the sales people, again, but this time about the side by side refrigerator/freezer.  I found lots of great ones!  Finally, I found the one; at the scratch and dent store....whoohooo!!!  There were only a few dents on the side, and the majority of them would be covered by our cabinets.  So I told the hubby and.....we put it off and we put it off!  Then late last week, I went to buy it, and it was GONE!!!  Arggghh....they had one that was the same model, but there were all kinds of scratches on the outside.  Luckily, the gentleman that was at the store told me that at their main store they were having a huge sales and that I should check it out.  So that's what I did.  After awhile of looking around, I found it.  It was the perfect refrigerator; everything I wanted.  It was standing there as though the heavens had opened and light was poring down on it as angels sang!  The best part, it was only $20 more than the one from the scratch and dent store....SCORE!

Well, Friday, it was delivered.  The old one went to the garage and the new one in it's spot in the kitchen.  The amount of space I have is insane!  I'm so flippin' happy.  I literally hugged the new appliance when the delivery people left. (Below are the before and after photos.)

Old fridge

New fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment