Monday, February 21, 2011

Taxes and the Nursery...what a combo!

This past weekend was productive and on the other hand, it wasn't.  Saturday we had the fun task of getting our taxes done.  I was looking forward to it, but yet I wasn't.  Casey has been an utter pain in the you know what since January about taxes this year so I was glad to get it over with.

I wasn't looking forward to it, because this is the first year we've had to file with me working for myself and we were very clueless as to what to expect.  In the end, we didn't owe anything (which I was expecting to)!  Whooo hoooo!  We actually got a little bit back, not much, but every little bit helps.  So instead of writing a big 'ole check to the government, I wrote it to the bank and put it on our house payment....cha ching!!!!

After that, I went looking for baby items.  I was really hoping to find some good deals on a crib, but no such luck.  I did however find THE baby crib quilt and bumper.  Here's a sneak peek....


I completely splurged on this, but it's going to be the center attention of the whole room.  I stood in the store talking myself out of buying this and then talking myself back into it.  I'm so glad I decided to buy it, it's been the first time I've seen a set and really loved it.  Now, I can get going on the rest of the nursery.

So, that was the productive part.  The unproductive part was that I didn't get anything done with the closet; we had a surprise visit from the in-laws on Sunday.  (That was the day I was planing on getting the closet done.)   But, I'll take a day with the in-laws over anything else any day!!  My mother-in-law brought over lasagna, salad and bread for a super yummy lunch and we watched the Nascar race....well, the boys did.  To me, there's nothing more boring than watching car drive around and around in a circle...not my cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment