Thursday, March 24, 2011

26 weeks



How many weeks?:   26 weeks                                                   

What's going to happen at your doctor's appointment tomorrow?: Tomorrow will be the dreaded Glucose screening.  Seriously, not looking forward to it!  I have to go without eating two hours before my appointment and then I have to drink a super nasty sugar water.  Then a few hours later I have to get my blood drawn.  Uggh!  I hate needles more than anything else!  I will have my fingers crossed the whole time that I don't have gestational diabetes!  I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to stick myself on a daily basis!

What is going on with your eating habits?: Well, I've recently been on a fresh food, healthy, semi-anti-meat phase.  Don't get me wrong, I still like meat and I'm still very much a carnivore, but I don't eat it nearly as much as I use to.  I would normally eat it at every meal.  Now, I can go a few days without eating any.  I don't know if it's the warmer weather, the pregnancy or all of the recent food research I've been doing for one of the companies I work for.  I think it maybe a combo of all of them, but a little more of the last.  I think the most influential piece to me (so far) has been this documentary, Food Matters. I don't necessarily agree with everything in it, but they do make some extremely good points and raise some major questions in the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment