Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's a dog fight!



Yes you saw correctly....two dogs.  And yes, correct again, we only own one. And no, they aren't really fighting.....they're just playing.  So why are there two dogs in my living room playing?  Well, we are unexpectedly dog sitting Shiloh (Peyton's sister) for a very dear friend on mine.

This all started Sunday morning on our way home this past weekend.  I received a voice mail from Calista, my dear friend, saying that their baby boy had come two weeks early and that he was having a few breathing difficulties and was on a ventilator.  I was both happy and a little worried for her, though she didn't sound too overly concerned in her voice mail.  I had every intentions of visiting with her that evening, but was completely wiped out and decided to make the trip the next day.

The next day I received another phone call from her, but was able to talk this time.  She said that they did an x-ray on their baby boy and he had a hole in his lung which is what was causing all the issues.  The hospital said their was nothing else they could do there and that they were transferring him to Kosair's Childrens Hospital.  My heart broke for her!  After a long conversation with all the details I willingly volunteered to watch their dog, Shiloh.  Shiloh and Peyton have been around each other a handful of times so I wasn't worried about there being an issue with them getting along.  Plus, I figured it would be better for Shiloh to be able to roam around and be around people instead of kenneled up for an unknown time frame.

The dogs have actually been really good.  They play for a couple minutes (like in the video above), a few times a day, but other than that, it's business as usual at the homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment